A “case” is any project, transaction, service or response that is “opened” and “closed” over a period of time to achieve resolution of a problem, claim, request, proposal, development or other complex activity. It is likely to involve multiple persons inside and outside of the organization, with varying relationships to each other, as well as multiple documents and messages.
Every new case is created and monitored in a channel by channel members. When a new case is created, the case waits in its open state on the channel. Channel members take actions to resolve the case by assigning it to the relevant people, and these actions are recorded as an activity in the case history.
When the procedures are completed, the case is closed and archived. A closed case can be reopened when needed.
Every case has following properties;
Tracking number of case. Incremented by each new case automatically.
Subject of case.
Details of case
Deadline date of case to be resolve.
Priority of case. Can be one of following values; None (Not specified), Low, Normal, High, Very High, Critical
Creation date of case.
Creator of the case.
The last update date of the case
The user who last updated the case
User that case is assigned to.
Date of assign to user.
Closing date of case.
When case management enabled on channel, case list is visible on left side to show case list with filter options.
Case list includes 3 pages to show Open, Closed and All cases but search box allows to filter more details about cases.
List of the critical priority cases.
List of the high priority cases.
This part provide the filter options for list cases. You can use different filter option with together. Filter options are assigned to, assigned at, created by, created at, updated by, updated at, resolved at and closed at.
Case List Export
It allows the listed cases to be transferred to Excel.
It provides to select cases for editing.
When click on the case avatar or select all button, edit page is opened.
This feature helps to manage cases list with different options.
- Assign, use for assign of selected cases. When clicked this option, channel member list opens and related case is assigned to chosen member.
- Move to Another Channel, used for moving selected cases. When clicked this option, channel list opens and related case is moved to chosen channel.
- Merge Cases, use for merge of selected cases. When clicked this option a warning screen opens and if you click ok button the case number remains open and other cases are closed.
- Close Case, use for close of selected cases. When clicked this option a warning screen opens and if you click ok button, case is deleted.
- Delete, used for deleting selected cases.
Case List Filtering
Search box by default includes the following filters;
Assigned To Me
Lists the cases which are assigned to current user.
Lists the cases which no-one has assigned to.
Created By Me
Lists the cases which current user has created.
Updated By Me
Lists the cases which current has last updated.
Search box also supports the custom keywords to be search on subject or body like any search engine.
Additionally ordering box can be used to control ordering of list.
In addition to these fields some processes may have custom defined profiles like Service Desk, Customer Complain. Channel members can assign these profiles on cases to use custom defined fields. Please see Content Types for more details.
To profile a case please follow these steps;
- Open case menu and select "Profile"
- Type field will be listing the related content types.
- Select a type and profile form will be displayed. Fill out the profile form and click Ok.
Use for editing subject, description and type.
Use for deletion of case.
Add Related Cases
Use for add to related cases. When click it, open cases will be listing, click related case and click ok. The chosen cases are add to main case as related case. You can follow up under the related cases part.
Add Child Cases
Use for add to child cases. When click it, open cases will be listing, click related case and click ok. The chosen cases are add to main case as child case. You can follow up under the related cases part.
Close as Duplicate
Use for close to duplicate cases. When click it, open cases will be listing, click related case and click ok. Case will be close.
Move to Another Channel
Use for moving of selected cases. When click this option, channel list will open related case will move to chosen channel.
For open cases, channel manager or assigned case handler can send updates about case current status to related people.
To send a update please follow these steps;
- Click on "Send Update" command from toolbar.
- Message composer dialog will be shown. Recipients are automatically filled from case people but you can add additional recipients if needed.
- Fill out the message click Ok. Message content can be contain rich elements like font styling, tables or links etc.
It is time tracking chapter in case.
This is field that to enter estimated time for case.
Enter minute, hour or day.
Add Time or Tracking
Enter duration of minute, hour or day.
Specifies the type of time.
Specifies the date of time.
Case links allows the associate other cases as child, related or duplicate. To associate another case to current please follow these steps;
- Open the case menu and select "Add Related Cases" or "Add Child Cases"
- Case picker dialog will be shown and select cases the add as link. You can use filter field to search cases.
- Click Ok to save changes.
Also you can mark a case as duplicate of previous on-going case. When a case marked as duplicate, system automatically links these cases and closes the duplicate. Please follow these steps to mark case as duplicate.
- Open case menu and select "Close as Duplicate"
- Case picker dialog will be shown and select cases previously on-going case. You can select one or more case if needed.
- Click Ok to save changes.
Current case will automatically closed and selected cases will be listed in Case Links as duplicate.